Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back to Sub-200 Pounds

I am below 200 pounds for the first time in a year! My weight briefly spiked up to approximately 220 between my last post (July 2010) and this post. At this time, I was really panicking and trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I knew I was getting obese (i'm only 5'10) and I was trying every dietary gimmick out there. Last September was when my weight began to gradually shift down. So today I am a fraction of a tenth below 200 pound.

As I have said, I have not used any dietary gimmicks; I am no longer counting calories, I eat healthy and not so heathly at other times (more so on the unhealthy side). Counting calories requires me to use a spreadsheet to update my progress, so I will forget to update my calories all together, plus it is time consuming and I need a computer at all times. I haven't been going to the gym lately nor exercising very much, but that is more psychological; I haven't felt like going for other reasons I won't bring up. Also, I had been exercising very intensely at the gym and that had increased my food intake and, thus, my weight.

The main thing is that I haven't been very hungry. My energy has been a little low, I guess because I am eating less. I was wearing a size 36 and expanding and now I am snuggly fitting tightly into 33s, I am thinking of buying 32s or 31s, and donating the 34s to a charity for a tax write-off; stupid me threw out those smaller sizes a year ago.

Again, I'm not going to go into details regarding my method, but I will say that please talk with your first doctor first concerning weight loss; although I haven't, I've had to figure all of this by myself.

Until next time,


J